Elections & Voting
2021 Election Dates
- The Primary Election is on June 8, 2021 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The General Election is on November 3, 2021 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years old by the next election
- You will be a resident of the State and county for 30 days prior to the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
To register to vote, complete the Voter Registration Application and follow the mailing instructions on the form. New Jersey law mandates that the deadline for voter registration is 21 days prior to an election.
Tuesday, May 18th - Last day to register
Tuesday, Oct 12th - Last day to register to vote in the the General Election
Registration forms must be postmarked by the date noted above or received by the Municipal Clerk no later than the date noted above.
New Jersey voters can choose to vote by mail. A paper ballot mailed directly to your home. You then complete the ballot and mail it directly to the County Board of Elections.
To sign up for Vote By Mail, complete the Vote By Mail Application and follow the mailing instructions on the form.
Please note that, according to state law, any voter who receives a Vote-By-Mail Ballot will not be permitted to vote on a voting machine on Election Day. Voters can either utilize the Vote-By-Mail Ballot they receive or vote on a paper provisional ballot at the polls on Election Day.
Tuesday, June 1st - Last day to the
Tuesday, Oct 26th - Last day to apply by mail for a Mail-In Ballot for the General Election
Additionally, the Union County Clerk's office accepts In-Person requests for a Mail-In ballot up to 3:00 pm, the day PRIOR TO the election.
For more information on voting and elections in New Jersey, visit the Union County Board of Elections website at: www.ucnj.org/board-of-elections.