All of these developments are part of the Township's
state-mandated affordable housing obligation (scroll down page for related information)
|(01) Berkeley Crossing|
(02) The Terrace at Berkeley Heights
(03) Stratton House
|(04) Former Hotel Property|
(06) Woodcrest at Berkeley Heights
|(07) Toll Brothers Luxury Townhomes|
(08) Elite Properties Project
(10) Connell Development
Summary of Planned and Proposed Developments
Berkeley Heights has a number of approved and planned redevelopment and development projects underway. All projects include state-mandated affordable housing to keep the Township in compliance with state-mandated affordable housing requirements.
This map shows each planned development, its current name along with its "known as" name which will be familiar to some residents.
For details about each development, including details about the plan and it's current status, please see the page set up for each of the projects. Each page will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Kings Redevelopment (PDF)
- Library Redevelopment (PDF)
- Locust Pilot Redevelopment (PDF)
- Municipal Complex Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Municipal Complex Questions (PDF)
- Municipal Complex Redevelopment Plan (PDF)
- Municipal Complex Redevelopment Project Status, June 2018 (PDF)
- Municipal Complex Summary Sheet (PDF)
- Municipal Redevelopment Presentation Overview Part 1 (PDF)
- Municipal Redevelopment Presentation Overview Part 2 (PDF)
- Municipal Redevelopment Presentation Overview Part 3 (PDF)
- Tax Impact Presentation (PDF)
Affordable Housing - Background Information
September 19, 2023 Update on Township's Affordable Housing Obligation
Township Affordable Housing & Redevelopment Planner and Redevelopment Legal Counsel present information on the Township's remaining court-mandated affordable housing need, heading into the next round of affordable housing negotiations in 2025.