Requesting a Death or Marriage Certificate

To obtain a Death or Marriage Certificate you must submit a request for a Certified Copy of a Vital Record.

To submit this request: 

Complete the Certified Copy Application

Provide the following to the Township Clerk’s office:

These requests can be made either in person or by mail.

Applying in Person

When applying in person, please note that the Clerk's office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m*.

*The Township of Berkeley Heights observes Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day. 

Applying by Mail

When applying by mail, requests should be sent to:

Township of Berkeley Heights
Attn: Angela Lazzari (Registrar)
29 Park Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Please note that requests made through the mail, MUST contain a copy of your identification AND proof or relationship.