Town Council Meeting Reminder - Tuesday, August 18 at 5:30pm
Don’t forget the Town Council meeting TONIGHT.
Click here for a video of the meeting
Additions to Agenda
Agenda - August 18, 2020 (Part 1 of 2)
Agenda - August 18, 2020 (Part 2 of 2)
Recycling contract - awarding to Giordano for 36 months $932,450, just over a 20% increase
Changes to the scope of the municipal complex, change order 013 for an increase of $162,399.71 (represents several months of change orders)
CARES (COVID) stimulus funds reimbursement from Union County, not to exceed $300,000
Discharge agreement for Chemtrade property
Resolution allowing gifts, legacies or bequests to the BH Police Department
Adopting proposed redevelopment plan changes for Kings Property (Stratton House): Changes to 2017 Redevelopment plan for (428-434 Springfield Ave) to expand building across old hotel site (hotel site is behind Delicious Heights and part of town’s affordable housing settlement), increasing allowable units to 212 units from 150 (will include 32 affordable units), and the addition of an exterior parking garage on adjacent property, which will include 20 additional commuter parking spots. New design will pull the building footprint in on the side facing Springfield Ave, allowing more parking in the public lot. Designed in compliance with Part 19 design standards; garage is required to carry residential look of building per detailed standards in Section 3.6.4 of the plan. Parking garage entrance now on Lone Pine Drive, instead of through the shopping center parking lot and Sherman Ave. (Click here for more info and visuals on this project)
Adopting new Redevelopment Plan for Mill Creek on Lone Pine Drive: 4 stories and further from Chemtrade property to accommodate legal settlement; to amend Financial Agreement to be consistent with the new project.
Amending Berkeley Florist Redevelopment Plan (Click here for more info on this project)
Ordinance to mandate “catch & release” policy for fishing at Horseshoe Pond
Ordinance amending the minimum and maximum rate of salary and compensation of elected and appointed Township officials
Adoption of ordinance to allow Township to bond for up to $3,500,000 for Municipal Complex to complete the project, if needed. This ordinance will not increase taxes for residents. (View chart illustration of anticipated expenses here.)
Municipal Complex Financial Update, July 2020
Full Municipal Complex Update Available
Town Council Zoom Meeting Information & Instructions
Please be advised that the Berkeley Heights Township Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 21 will be conducted via the Zoom virtual meeting service, a cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, and telephones. “Zoom Cloud Meetings” is the exact name of the app. This app and the exact URL and meeting ID listed below will also be used for Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment public meetings.
A specific “zoom room” has been set up by Berkeley Heights Township for these public meetings:
Meeting ID: 357-574-7364
Please be aware that the Township Council is utilizing the Zoom service in order to afford as many members of the public, along with necessary Berkeley Heights officials and Township Council members, the ability to conduct and participate in an Open Public Meeting in a remote manner due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in compliance with New Jersey’s Open Public Meetings Act. Public Comment will be guided by the Township Council’s designated “Host” on the Zoom platform. As circumstances dictate, it is possible that the procedures described herein may be modified as required to ensure appropriate access to the Meeting.
All Council members will be seen via audio conference. Video functionality will only be turned on for Township officials and staff as needed. If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting via Zoom audio:
- Join the meeting using Zoom. Each resident user/participant will have the capability to participate via:
- Audio only
- Audio & chat function
- Participants can “raise their hand” with an icon
- Use the “Chat” function to send a typewritten message to the “Host”, including only:
- Your first and last name
- Your home address
3. When you hear your name announced during the Public Comment portion of the meeting, you may address the Township Council on any government matter. Due to this new technological medium being used to host meetings during this public health emergency, for Township Council meetings, there will be one (1) public comment period, before the agenda items are discussed.
4. You will be given 3 minutes to complete your comments in their entirety. Each resident will get two 3-minute opportunities to speak during this session.
5. After your 3 minutes expires, your microphone will be muted to allow others an opportunity to address the Township Council.
6. Each resident will be allowed two 3-minute comment opportunities.
All microphones of public users will be muted, except as set forth above during the Public Comment period. Please adhere to the instructions above if you want to speak at any time during the Meeting.
If you would like to simply call in to the meeting but not participate in public comment, you must enter the Zoom room at the link above on your phone or desktop, and:
- Either go directly to the meeting room: https://zoom.us/j/3575747364 or enter the following “Meeting ID” when you open the Zoom app: 357-574-7364.
- Once you’re in the room, select the “Join Audio” option at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select “dial in” when the “To hear others please join audio” prompt appears.
- Then select any of the numbers that appear to dial in with. Enter meeting ID, followed by # (pound), then password when prompted.
You can test your computer, phone or tablet’s ability to use Zoom, including speaker/microphone functionality at https://zoom.us/test
Click here for the NJ Department of Community Affairs Guidance for Remote Public Meetings in New Jersey