ACH Payments Are Here! The Township is now offering our taxpayers the ability to pay their quarterly taxes through a pre-authorized electronic payment system. In the same way many residents may have utility payments, mortgage payments or credit-card payments automatically deducted from their accounts electronically, Berkeley Heights taxpayers soon can have withdrawals taken from their checking, savings, or money market accounts. The only requirement is for taxpayers to fill out the “Authorization Agreement for Pre-Authorized payments through the Automated Clearing House (ACH)” form. This form is available on our website or can be picked up at the Tax Collector’s Office, located at 29 Park Avenue, Berkeley Heights.
Benefits of the ACH system include:
- Convenient payment method
- No need to remember when payment is due
- An email reminder will be sent approximately two weeks prior to the date of withdrawal of payment, which will be the 6th of February, May, August and November
- Peace of mind
“By taking advantage of this electronic tax payment system, Berkeley Heights residents can now benefit from an easy-to-use, convenient system that assures them that their taxes will be paid on time,” said Township CFO Eugenia Poulos.
Please note that when you submit your ACH form, you also need to send in a copy of a voided check to complete the sign-up process. Please attach your voided check or printed, bank generated, account and routing number information for verification You have three options to submit this form and the voided check.
- Via email, to our Tax Collector, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can drop it off at the Tax Collector’s office in person
- Snail mail, addressed to:
Township of Berkeley Heights
Attn: Tax Collector
29 Park Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Please contact the Tax Collector at email@example.com with any questions.