Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
By Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Town council meeting will be held on Tuesday August 17th at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to email@example.com or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The link for the Zoom meeting is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364.
Council will hold a hearing followed by a vote on an ordinance amending the township code to eliminate the need for bicycle registration in the township.
Council will hold a hearing and vote on an ordinance making sure certain New Jersey statutes are applicable to the property located at 450 Springfield Avenue (old Berkeley Theater property) when it comes to regulating the use of driveways and parking lots on the property. This ordinance will empower the Berkeley Heights Police and other law enforcement agencies to enforce the provision of this state statute, which include parking rules and appropriate signage.
Council will hold a hearing and vote on an ordinance creating a Technical Review Committee to review development applications and requests for development review that will go before the Planning Board and Zoning Board. The purpose of this committee is to ensure completeness of applications and provide preliminary review by professionals to help streamline the application process and to provide technical guidance to applicants before they go before the respective Boards. It will also ensure that the applicant pays for the Township professionals’ time, and that the Township does not bear that financial burden.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated August 17, 2021 in the amount of $1,203,688.25 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Amend resolution #35-2021 to increase the not to exceed to $75,000 for McManimon, Scotland & Bauman, Redevelopment Counsel. (Bills for redevelopment counsel are generally paid out of developers’ escrow for the various redevelopment projects on which they advise.)
- Authorize changes to the scope of the Municipal Complex Redevelopment Project.
- Authorize the execution of a 5th Amendment to the current Sewer Use Agreement with the Warren Township Sewerage Authority, which extends the previous agreement while the two municipalities work on a revised agreement.
- Authorize a grant application of the 2021 Preserve Union County Grant for the continued stabilization and restoration of Littel-Lord Farmstead.
- Approve a Hold Harmless Agreement with Union County for the use of their leaf composting facility.
- Authorize the purchase of certain goods and services through the use of State, County and Regional Cooperative purchasing for the year 2021.
- Award a Professional Services contract to Harbor Consultants, Inc. for Engineering and Land Surveying services for the Municipal Redevelopment Project – Phase 2, in an amount not to exceed $18,000.
- Authorize an Agreement with Union County to modify the Cooperative Agreement for the Community Development Block Grant program.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.
The next council meeting is scheduled for Wednesday September 8th, 2021 at 7 pm.