Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
By Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 8 at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to email@example.com or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The link for the Zoom meeting is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84540769197. If you are calling in, please dial 1-301-715-8592 (the following meeting ID should automatically be entered 84540769197#). Please note, this is a different Zoom meeting ID than we usually use; there was a scheduling conflict with another Board.
The Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List September 8, 2021 in the amount of $637,615.69 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Consent to the certification of the 2020 Annual Audit.
- Approve the Corrective Action Plan, to address the recommendations in the 2020 Annual Audit report.
- Approve the extension of the professional services contract with DeBlock Environmental Services through December 31, 2021 for our temporary sewer director, not to exceed $200,000.
- Authorize purchases of certain goods and services through the use of Regional Cooperative purchasing for the remainder of 2021.
- Authorize a tax settlement with the property holder at 10 Ford Place.
- Authorize the cancellation of old grant receivables and/or grant appropriation Reserve balances as part of the Corrective Action Plan.
- Authorize the donation of a 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility vehicle to the Berkeley Heights Rescue Squad.
- Authorize the application of the “Greening Union County” matching grant in the amount of $4,000.
The Council will introduce an ordinance creating a new chapter 9.14 entitled “Prohibition on Smoking in Public Places” to prohibit smoking, vaping, or aerosolizing tobacco products, cannabis products, and electronic cigarettes. This ordinance, if approved, would prohibit smoking in public places including municipal buildings, public parks and public recreational facilities. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on September 21.
The Council will also introduce an ordinance vacating a portion of Sherman Avenue in the Township of Berkeley Heights. As part of the Redevelopment Agreement with Stratton House, the Township is required to vacate this portion of Sherman Ave. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on September 21.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.