2021 FALL LEAF COLLECTION DATES
It's that time of year again - fall leaf pickup season! We have a structured schedule of pickup dates for each section of Berkeley Heights. But we also have pickup protocols we ask residents to adhere to to make the pickup process as efficient as possible, and so that prohibited items don't clog up or break our equipment, which could result in extensive pickup delays.
They are as follows:
- Leaves should be put curbside before the date of your leaf pickup is scheduled in your section.
- We will be picking up each section twice during the leaf season.
- Please make every effort to stick to the posted schedule.
- There will be limited time to return to a section during unscheduled dates.
- Please put leaves in paper biodegradable bags neatly stacked curb side.
- DO NOT block catch basins or sidewalks.
- Please DO NOT include anything other than leaves in the bags.
- Bags with anything other than leaves will be rejected and left for your disposal.
- Please DO NOT stack leaf bags on your driveway since these will also be rejected. BHDPW will not go on your driveway to pick up leaf bags.
To find which Section your street is on, please go to: http://www.berkeleyheights.gov/sections If you live on a County Road, the schedule can also be found here.
Please contact the Department of Public Works with any questions at 908-464-2700 x2167.
Please click here for the full schedule of pickups on Township roads and County roads.