Preview of January 18th Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday January 18th at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to email@example.com or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The meeting ID for the Zoom meeting is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364.
The first items on the agenda is a conference session to discuss a potential Boy Scout Eagle Project to design and build a ADA compliant path at the Berkeley Heights Community Garden.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated January 18, 2021 in the amount of $261,174.99 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize DISH Wireless to utilize an existing telecom pole owned by the township and currently leased by a primary tenant, to increase revenue to the Township.
- Award a professional services contract to Sangarcangelo Law, LLC for advice and counsel pertaining to regulation of vacant and abandoned properties, code enforcement, Uniform Construction Code and Zoning matters, in an amount not to exceed $24,000.
- Appoint various members to the Truth, Community Healing and Inclusion Committee.
- Appoint Carolyn Sayre to the Board of Health for a three-year term, expiring on December 31, 2024.
- Authorize Vibhav Chaturvedi of Boy Scout Troop 368 to install an ADA compliant path at the Berkeley Heights Community Garden.
- Authorize the purchase of certain goods and services through the use of the State Cooperative System for our emergency services.
- Authorize the execution of a Sewer Use Agreement with the Warren Township Sewer Authority.
- Authorize a professional services agreement with FSD Enterprises, LLC, for consulting services for wireless telecommunications.
The council will introduce an ordinance making the provisions of Subtitle 1 of Title 39 of the Revised Statues of New Jersey applicable to the property located at 100 Locust Avenue and regulating the use of driveways and parking lots thereon by motor vehicles. This ordinance will empower the Berkeley Heights Police and other law enforcement agencies to enforce the provision of this state statute, which include parking rules and appropriate signage. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on February 1st.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.