Preview of February 1st Town Council Meeting Agenda
by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 1st at 7:00PM. Member of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating electronically via ZOOM in this meeting. For this and all future electronic meetings, members of the public will be able to comment by video and comments will also be accepted by email to email@example.com or by writer letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the ZOOM meeting. The meeting ID for the Zoom meeting is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364.
The first items on the agenda is a public hearing and final adoption an ordinance making the provisions of Subtitle 1 of Title 39 of the Revised Statues of New Jersey applicable to the property located at 100 Locust Avenue and regulating the use of driveways and parking lots thereon by motor vehicles. This ordinance will empower the Berkeley Heights Police and other law enforcement agencies to enforce the provision of this state statute, which include parking rules and appropriate signage.
The council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated February 1, 2022 in the amount of $497,642.06 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize agreement between the Township and the City of Elizabeth to provide Sexually Transmitted Disease Services.
- Appoint Lauren Crane to the Communications Committee for a term to expire on December 31, 2023.
- Appoint various members to the Truth, Community Healing and Inclusion Committee.
- Authorize the 2022 Berkeley Heights Downtown Summer Block Party on Sunday June 5th from 1pm to 4 pm.
- Authorize the purchase of certain goods and services through the use of the State Cooperative System for our emergency services.
- Appoint Fire Inspectors to the Berkeley Heights Volunteer Fire Department.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.