Preview of April 5th Town Council Meeting Agenda by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday April 5th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364; please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The first items on the agenda is a proclamation recognizing the Governor Livingston Hockey Team for winning the State Championship.
This will be followed with a brief conference session to discuss the 2022 Municipal Budget to be introduced during the regular agenda. Budget documents for public viewing can be found here.
The council will introduce an ordinance reserving certain parking spaces at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Building for Combat Wounded/Purple Heart Military Veterans. This ordinance, if passed, will designate 2 parking spaces as Combat Wounded/Purple Heart Parking spaces at the Municipal Building. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on April 19, 2022.
The Council will introduce an ordinance for Calendar year 2022 to Exceed the Municipal Budget Appropriation Limits and to Establish a Cap Bank (N.J.S.A. 40A:4-45.14), per the 2022 calculation set by the state. If the introduction of this ordinance is approved, there will be a public hearing and final vote on this ordinance on May 3, 2022.
The Council will introduce the 2022 Municipal Budget and establish May 3, 2022 as the date of public hearing and final adoption.
The Council will hold a public hearing and final adoption of the following ordinances, as well:
- Amending Chapter 2.128 Entitled “Personnel System”, of Title 2 entitled” Administration and Personnel” of the Township Code to amend the Township’s Holidays. This ordinance, if approved, will make Juneteenth a recognized Township holiday.
- Extending the effective period of Ordinance 4-2021,which authorizes restaurants to establish and operate approved temporary dining areas during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Amending the minimum and maximum rate of salary and compensation of elected and appointed township officials, and non-union employees in the various municipal departments of the Township of Berkeley Heights, as well as adding some new positions, and changing some titles if existing ones.
The Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated April 5, 2022 in the amount of $1,185,388.69 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 Rebuilding American infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) grant program, in the amount of approximately $25,000,000, with a 20% match from the township (if grant is awarded), for the “West Side Drainage Project.” This federal grant program awards money for surface transportation infrastructure projects that will have a significant local or regional impact.
- Authorize the “Side Letter Agreement – Compensatory Time Off”, with Teamsters Local Union 469 Department of Public Works, January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2023.
- Authorize the application of the 2022 New Jersey Department of Transportation Local Aid Infrastructure Fund, in the amount of $2,087,125.80 to fund the drainage, curbing and repaving of certain sections of Orchard Lane, Mercier Place and Old Farm Road.
- Authorize amending the 2022 temporary appropriations.
- Authorize the certification of compliance with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Amend the contract with FSD Enterprises LLC, for professional services for consulting services for wireless telecommunications, in an amount not to exceed $25,000.
- Authorize Agreement with Chief of Police, Jason Massimino.
- Appoint Alvaro Medeiros and Richard Lander to the Grants Committee, for a term expiring on December 31, 2023.
To view the complete Council agenda, go here: