Preview of May 17th Town Council Meeting Agenda by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on Tuesday May 17th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364; please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The first items on the agenda are during conference session and include:
- NW Financial will provide an overview of the Township’s short- and long-term debt and financial plan to pay off those debts; Township bond counsel will also discuss the bond sale process, timing, legislation and related issues. Click here to view the presentation
- Berkeley Heights Police Chief Jason Massimino and members of the Truth, Community Healing & Inclusion Committee will do a presentation on Bias Incident Protocol. Click here to view the presentation
- The township Affordable Housing Attorney and Planner will provide some background and update the Mayor, Council and public in conference on the Township’s Affordable Housing Obligation.
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated May 17, 2022 in the amount of $180,185.49 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Appoint Michael Imbriaco to serve as Tax Assessor.
- Authorize the grant application for the 2022 IT Pay$ to PlugIn in the amount of $8,000.
- Award a professional services contract to Arterial LLC, for urban design services to develop a capital improvement plan for Sherman Avenue – which includes the Peppertown Park area - in an amount not to exceed $38,500.
- Authorize PS&S LLC, to provide Engineering services related to the Wastewater Treatment Plant in an amount not to exceed $40,000.
- Determine the form and other details of $23,750,000 General Improvement Bonds, Series 2022, of the Township of Berkeley Heights, and provide for their sale. This is to provide for the permanent financing of the Municipal Complex debt.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.