Preview of June 8th Town Council Meeting Agenda by Council President Jeanne Kingsley
Want to know what is being discussed by the Town Council at its next meeting?
The next Township Council meeting will be held on WEDNESDAY June 8th at 7:00PM in the Berkeley Room at the Municipal Complex, 29 Park Ave. Members of Council, Mayor Devanney, and Administration staff will be participating in person for this meeting. For this and all future meetings, members of the public who are not able to attend the meeting in person will be able to comment by email to email@example.com or by writing letter to Township Clerk, 29 Park Ave, Berkeley Heights NJ 07922. Comments must be received by the Township Clerk by 4:00 PM on the date of the meeting. The meeting ID for attending the meeting via Zoom is http://zoom.us/s/3575747364 (if you need to enter the meeting ID, it is: 357-574-7364); please note that residents will be able to watch the meeting via Zoom but to ask questions, must attend in person or send questions in writing ahead of time following the above-mentioned procedures.
The first item on the agenda is a conference session with Arterial, the firm that has been hired to develop a capital improvement plan for Sherman Ave, including the Peppertown Park area. They will come before the Council and discuss the Sherman Ave vision included in the recently-adopted Master Plan (all Master Plan documents can be found here: https://www.berkeleyheights.gov/1410/Master-Plan).
Two ordinances will also be introduced:
- Authorizing the award of a contract for the lease of property at 161 Sherman Avenue (location of Charkoal Grill; award recipient is the current Charkoal owner)
- Providing a 25% discount on recreation fees and service charged for military veterans and their families
During the regular agenda, the Council will vote on the following resolutions:
- Approve Bill List dated June 8, 2022 in the amount of $1,343,427.02 for vouchers that have been properly approved for processing and payment.
- Adopt Juneteenth as a recognized holiday for International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 469, and United Public Service Employees Union. This is to coincide with the Township’s recognition of Juneteenth as a holiday, and to ensure the union employees get the same holiday off as the non-union employees.
- Approve Alcoholic Beverage Licenses for a period of one year, expiring on June 30, 2023.
- Authorize the purchasing of certain goods and services through the use of Regional Cooperative Purchasing, for Tilcon New York, Inc for the estimated amount of $300,000. This is for our 2022 COOP road paving projects.
- Authorize the submission of a Treatment Works Approval Application to the NJDEP, for 235 Snyder Avenue.
- Award a professional services contract to Neglia Engneering Assoc. for road paving construction management services. This is to manage the 2022 COOP road paving projects.
Click here to view the complete Council agenda.