Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
No person, association, or group, except for the Township of Berkeley Heights, shall cause or permit a municipal street to be closed for the purpose of conducting a block party without first having obtained a permit issued by the Municipal Clerk after approval by the Township Council.
Please note that no approved street closure shall exceed eight (8) hours in duration and all streets must be re-opened no later than the earlier of 8:00 PM or dusk
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that;
1. Applications must be submitted to the Municipal Clerk’s Office at least thirty (30) day prior to the proposed date of a Block Party in order to be submitted to the Township Council for approval at the Regular Public Meetings of the Township Council. Failure to file an application timely may result in the denial of a request.
2. If block party application is approved, the person, association or group that is granted the permit shall be responsible for conducting the block party so that there shall be minimum inconvenience to the general public.
3. Applicant agrees that he/she will abide by all the conditions of the permit as well as all ordinances and regulations of all township departments, including but not limited to the police and health departments. Applicants shall exercise every effort if music is included to not permit noise to extend beyond the limits of the block party.
4. The Township Council shall have the authority to deny any application and the Municipal Clerk shall have the authority to revoke any issued permit, both in accordance with the applicable Municipal Ordinance.
5. I hereby certify that I have fully and truthfully completed this application, circulated same in the accordance with the aforementioned, and agree to abide by all the conditions of the permit, the ordinances of the Township and the applicable rules and regulations of the Police Department. I am also aware that this application does not include all the particulars of the Ordinance and that I should obtain a complete copy for a full understanding of same.
A Property Owner Acknowledgement Form must be circulated to every property owner directly impacted by the street closure for their signature and indication of their approval or disapproval. A blank Property Owner Acknowledgement Form(s) can be downloaded and printed below.
Shall the application signatures of 25% or more property owners disapprove of the block party request, the application will be denied.
The individual(s) circulating the application must advise all property owners that no vehicular movement will be permitted on the street being used for the block party while the event is in operation. Failure to follow this safety requirement will cause for a revocation of the permit.
Upload completed form here.
Please upload a sketch below indicating the appropriate street and connecting street(s) affected, as well as, the location(s) of tables, grills, trash receptacles, rides, music, and any other temporary items related to this request.
Ample room must be provided down the center of the street in the event emergency vehicles have to access the street.
Sketch shall also indicate the method and location of barrier(s) used to close the street.
Upload sketch here.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that:
1. Your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document.
2. By signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature.
3. You may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field